Current account and attached services
What is the SWIFT code or BIC code required for foreign transfers to my OTP Bank account?
The code for foreign currency transfers to an account opened with OTP Bank is OTPV RO BU XXX.
Why choose an overdraft?
The account overdraft offers the possibility of obtaining a credit on the account (LEI, EUR) of up to 6 monthly net incomes, the monthly reimbursement representing only interest on the amount used.
Can I receive the pension in my current account at OTP Bank?
Yes, you can receive your pension in your OTP Bank account and we offer you a number of benefits for other purchased banking products and services.
What benefits do I get if I receive the salary in my OTP Bank account?
If you want to receive your salary in your OTP Bank account, you can request an account overdraft feature, where you can receive up to 6 monthly net incomes as the credit limit. You can also request a free MasterCard debit card that gives you access to the amounts in your account. In addition, OTP Bank also offers advantages in obtaining EUR mortgage loans (interest rate cuts during the period of transfer of income).
How much does it cost to open a current account with OTP Bank?
Opening, managing and closing a current account with OTP Bank is free of charge, and in order to do this you need to come to any branch with a valid Identity Card.
Can someone else access the amounts from my OTP Bank account?
The funds in your account can also be accessed by the appointed signatories on that account. These mandates are set by you by presenting yourself to the branch with the authorized person.
How can I receive information about my account at home?
In order to receive information about transactions made in your OTP Bank account, you need to request receipt of the account statement at your home address. You can make this request in the branch from Monday to Friday, 09:00 to 17:00.
Is there a minimum amount I need to keep in my account?
There is no minimum monthly amount you need to keep in your account.
Can I attach a debit card to my account?
Yes, you can attach a Master Card debit card to your account in RON or EUR. It is issued free of charge and can be used both in the country, as well as abroad.
Can I access my account from any OTP Bank branch?
Your account, regardless of the branch with which you originally collaborated and regardless of the currency in which it was opened, can be accessed at any branch of OTP Bank Romania.
What is the IBAN code?
The International Bank Account Number or IBAN is an account number structured according to ECBS standards (European Committee for Banking Standards), its purpose being to facilitate automatic processing for international transfers. This code has 24 characters in Romania.
When is it better to opt for OTP Express currency transfer?
It is advisable to use such a transfer for foreign currency amounts when the person who receives the money has an account with OTP Bank in Hungary, Croatia, Serbia, Russia, Ukraine, Montenegro or Bulgaria.
How can I find out my account balance?
There are several ways to find out the balance of an account opened with OTP Bank Romania:
• by coming to one of the branches of OTP Bank, with the valid Identity Card;
• if you own a debit card attached to that account, the balance can be found out free of charge on the webpage www.otpbank.ro or by phone at 0800 88 22 88 (free of charge from any fixed or mobile network in Romania) or at + 4021 308 57 10 (also available from abroad), and you need the last 10 digits of the card number and the 3-digit access code.
Is an OTP Bank account required for OTP Express transfer?
Yes, a currency account is required to make the transfer.
What information is required to make a transfer from abroad (foreign currency transfer)?
When making a transfer from abroad to an OTP Bank Account Holder, the sender needs the following data:
• name of the bank: OTP Bank România S.A.
• SWIFT code: OTPVROBU
• the identification data of the beneficiary, OTP Bank account holder (name and surname / company name, address, symbol of the current account in foreign currency)
What products are available for young people?
For people aged up to 26 years we offer specific products such as:
• Junior accounts, with a more advantageous interest for the deposited amounts;
• Junior debit cards, attached to the Junior account, specifically created for young people.
What are the benefits for young people if they request opening a Junior current account?
Junior accounts are addressed to young people aged 26 and above as follows:
• Junior Start - for children up to 14 years old
• Junior Plus – for teenagers between 14 and 18 years old
• Junior Max – for students aged up to 26 years old.
The benefit to opening such an account is the advantageous interest rate applicable to this account and the possibility of opting for different currencies: RON, EUR, USD, HUF. At the same time, young people aged 14 may also request the issue of a Junior card related to this account.
What is account overdraft?
It is a credit facility granted by the bank to each client, which consists in the possibility of withdrawing from the account a higher amount than the existing one. It is also called overdraft.
What else do you need to know?
At OTP Bank Romania S.A., we have always upheld the fairness and transparency of the activities undertaken by our employees and our clients. Therefore, in accordance with the bank's Know Your Client policy, preventing and countering money laundering and terrorist financing, OTP Bank pays particular attention to transfers of funds in foreign currency to / from offshore territories, as well as external collection and payments operations of clients who have their residence / citizenship / registered office or real shareholders / beneficiaries in offshore territories. That is why we ask our customers for commercial documents that justify transactions that are / will be made whenever they deem necessary.
The main purpose is to classify operations of this type in the legal provisions in force and to analyse the conformity with the object of activity / current business activity of the clients.
No business relationship will be initiated, including the opening of the current account, as well as the acceptance and / or execution of any funds / transactions for the natural persons / legal entities with residence / citizenship in the countries listed here, as well as those whose authorized representatives have residence / citizenship in the countries listed here.
In accordance with the provisions of Law 258/2017 regarding Comparability of payment account fees, change of payment accounts and access to payment accounts with basic services, can be found for consultation the Glossary of Standardized Terms, FID-Information Document regarding LEI fees and FID-Information Document regarding EUR fees.
Can I use the money I have in my savings account at any time? How does this affect me?
Yes, money deposited in a savings account can be used at any time. You will still receive the interest calculated for the amount you have in your savings account.
When do I receive the interest for my savings from the savings account?
Interest is calculated based on the daily amount you have in your account and is transferred into your savings account at the beginning of the following month. The interest rate is variable and varies depending on cumulative instalments.
What is the minimum amount required to open a deposit?
To open a deposit account with OTP Bank, you need at least 100 LEI, 100 EURO, 100 USD, 100 GBP or 25,000 HUF. To find out the interest rate level applied depending on the amount deposited and the maturity period, go to this link.
How is the interest on deposits?
Interest on deposits is fixed and applies to the amount in the deposit account for the selected period.
Can I withdraw interest on deposits every month?
You can withdraw interest monthly only if you opt for the following options:
- Deposit in LEI, EUR, USD, HUF, GBP with one month maturity;
- Deposit in LEI, EUR on 3 and 6 months with fixed interest and monthly interest payment.
What is the minimum income accepted?
For Loan approval, your minimum net monthly salary must be 1,500 lei. If you earn income from multiple employers, it is acceptable to cumulate them as long as at least one of the earnings is the equivalent of the national minimum wage.
Who are the persons authorized to sign the income certificate?
The authorized persons are: General Director, Financial Director, Human Resources Director, Payroll Officer, Accounting Director. It is necessary to complete the exact position of the person having signatory right on the certificate.
As a retiree what credit can I request?
If you are a retiree and your retirement decision is final or reviewable*, depending on your needs and plans, you can apply for personal Loan for retirees, under favourable conditions or, depending on the amount wanted, home equity Loans or Mortgage Loan. You should also take into account the characteristics of the respective Loans, presented on their pages.
* In the case of a periodic review pension, the Loan will be granted only for a period equal to the number of months remaining until the decision expires, observing the minimum duration of the product.
What insurance is required for a Mortgage Loan?
In the case of Loan for the purchase of dwellings, it is necessary to insure the real estate during the entire lending period (facultative insurance policy and mandatory PAD policy).
What are the possibilities for Loan repayment?
To pay your Loan rates, you can either go to OTP Bank branches or make transfers to your current account (where the required amount will be withdrawn at due date). If the Loan is in a currency other than the one in which the current account was opened, the foreign exchange will be automatically made at the due date.
What conditions must a property satisfy to be Mortgaged?
In order to be Mortgaged, the dwelling must meet the following criteria:
- to represent a property for housing: house, villa, apartment;
- to be unencumbered;
- to be included in the civil circulation;
- to be located in the locality;
- not to be damaged, incomplete or in an advanced stage of wear.
What is the cash withdrawal fee from the current account for your Mortgage Loan?
The credit funds granted will be transferred to the seller's account (opened free of charge for him) and the withdrawal fee from the current account of cash for payments coming from Mortgage Loans is set at 0%.
What happens if the utility bill is on another person's name?
The utility bill is required to be able to check the home address that appears on your Identity Card. It is not mandatory for the utility bill to be on the applicant's name. Instead it is also accepted the documents of ownership.
Can family income be taken into account?
Yes, you can apply for a Loan together with another family member. Both applicants must meet the eligibility criteria for the respective Loan.
Which Loans can be refinanced?
You can use the refinancing procedure from OTP Bank if you have a history of at least 6 months with the current Loan and it is:
- personal Loan with / without Mortgage;
- Mortgage Loan for the purchase of dwellings;
- credit card;
- overdraft account.
What do interruptions on the Employment Record Book represent?
Interruptions on the Employment Record Book are the time period you have not had a professional activity. The following are not considered to be interruptions: maternity leave, sick leave, military service, study leave, temporary working disability leave.
Can I get a Mortgage Loan if I am on maternity leave?
Yes, parental allowances are accepted for Loan applications.
If the client receiving income only from parental allowance is not eligible, it is also necessary to bring a main income for personal Loans.
For what period can I apply for a Loan if I have a fixed-term employment contract?
Under these circumstances, you may request a Loan for the maximum remaining period until the expiration of the employment contract, observing the minimum duration set for the respective Loan.
What are the steps to take when I want to get a Loan?
In order to obtain information about our Loans, you must visit any OTP Bank unit or contact the Call Center service at the following telephone number: 0800 88 22 88 (free of charge from any fixed or mobile network in Romania) or at +4021 308 57 10 (also from abroad) from Monday to Friday between 8:30 and 21:00.
In order to know what the maximum amount you can obtain is, ask for an informative budget calculation based on net monthly earnings. If you meet the lending conditions and decide to apply for such Loan, it is necessary to come to any OTP Bank unit with the required documents for the Loan.
The steps for contracting a Loan are:
- performing the preliminary calculation and signing the necessary documents in order to generate the customized offer;
- submitting employee records for case analysis, if applicable;
- submitting documents for the real estate / land and performing its assessment - for Mortgage Loans;
- signing the Loan agreement;
- signing the sale and purchase contracts and the Mortgage (made at the OTP Bank branch) and payment to the real estate / land seller - for the Mortgage Loans.
How can I enroll my card in the 3D Secure system?
Can I request additional credit cards?
Yes, you can request a maximum of 2 additional credit cards within the same credit limit.
What is the difference between the shopping card and the overdraft?
The shopping card is a payment tool that has a credit limit in LEI attached, provided by the bank based on the net monthly income. The ability to do your shopping with 0% interest, either through the instalment program or through the grace period is an advantage.
Account overdraft (also called overdraft) is an account facility provided by the bank based on the salary earned on that account and can reach a maximum of 6 net salaries. The overdraft can be awarded in LEI. By means of overdraft, you can attach a debit card to your account and make payments and cash withdrawals with the fees and charges associated with the card. For these transactions, in case of overdraft, you only need to pay the related interest monthly.
How does currency conversion take place if I use the card abroad?
If you use the card in another currency, a currency conversion is carried out as follows, depending on the issued currency:
- Regarding transactions carried out in the currency of the account, the Bank will debit the amount of the transactions made in the account currency;
- Regarding transactions carried out in Romania in a different currency than the account currency, the Bank will debit the account using LEI as the reference currency. The currency exchange between the transaction currency and the LEI reference currency is carried out by the International Mastercard/Visa Card Organization at the settlement rate or date;
- Regarding transactions carried out abroad by Card, the Bank will debit the account using the EURO reference currency as follows:
- The currency exchange between the currency of the transaction and the EURO reference currency is carried out by the International Mastercard/Visa Card Organization at the settlement rate or date;
- For debiting the LEI account, the Bank uses the Bank's Reference Exchange rate from the transaction settlement day, published on the Bank's website.
Are there advantages to using the card at OTP Group ATMs in Europe?
Yes. If you wish to use the card issued by OTP Bank Romania at OTP Group ATMs abroad, you will be charged a cash withdrawal fee of only 3.5 LEI/1 EURO per transaction.
You can find OTP Group member banks in Europe in countries such as: Hungary, Slovakia, Croatia, Bulgaria, Romania, Ukraine, Serbia and Russia.
Can I make online payments with my OTP Bank card?
Yes, you can make payments with your card once you have selected "Internet payments" upon requesting the card, later via OTPdirekt or at the branch.
How do I find the transactions list or the unused credit limit for the shopping card?
The transactions list and account balance associated to your shopping card are available on the billing statement you receive monthly through OTPdirekt or via email. Furthermore, you can find out your account balance at OTP Bank ATMs, where you can also get a list of the last 5 transactions performed.
If I have a EURO card, can I use it in Romania?
Yes, this card can be used in Romania. When you use it at an ATM, you will be able to withdraw cash in LEI.
If I have a card in LEI, can I withdraw cash abroad?
Yes, you can use that card abroad for cash withdrawal. In this case, you will receive the currency of the country you are in.
What are the transaction limits and how can I change them?
Transaction limits are daily or monthly limits set for your card or subcard issued to your account. They have default values set upon issue, but they can be changed upon request, either through OTPdirekt or at the branch.
Who is authorized to sign the income certificate?
The people authorized to sign the income certificate are: the Managing Director, Financial Director, Human Resources Director, Payroll Officer, Accounting Director. It is necessary to fill in the exact position of the person with the right to sign on the certificate.
Can the OTP-MOL card be used only at MOL gas stations?
The OTP-MOL co-brand card is a shopping card that can be used with any merchant in the country or abroad. The advantage of this card is getting double points when it is used at MOL gas stations around the country.
I have a problem with the MultiBonus points card, who can I contact?
For Multibonus cards, assistance is provided exclusively by MOL Romania through their Customer Service (021) 204.85.26 or 0800 800665 (non-stop).
For OTP-MOL credit cards, please contact OTP Bank "Call Center": 0800 88 22 88 (08:30 a.m. - 09:00 p.m., free from any fixed or mobile network in Romania) - free or OTPBank "Card Services" (021) 308.57.11 (non-stop).
Can I use my OTP card abroad?
Yes. All cards issued by OTP Bank Romania can be used abroad, regardless of whether they are issued in LEI or in EURO.
How can I obtain a card, if I haven't turned 18 yet?
People who are under the age of 18 can get a Junior Plus debit card attached to a Junior Plus account. In order to apply for this card, it is necessary for the applicant to go with their parents to an OTP Bank branch and with the ID card.
What is the grace period for the shopping card?
The grace period applicable to shopping cards means the maximum number of days that no interest is charged for transactions. For example, the 55 days grace period applies to shopping done on the 1st day of the month until the 25th of the following month, which means that you can reimburse the entire amount used for shopping without paying interest until the 25th (next month).
What do I do if my card was stolen/I lost my card?
If you are no longer in possession of your card, you need to block the access to your account amounts. You can do this directly from the SmartBank application or by calling 0800 88 22 88 (free from any fixed or mobile network in Romania) or +40 21 308 57 11 (also available from abroad).
OTPdirekt - Money Magnet
Why use the Money Magnet option?
Because you can pay your loan instalment without having to come to the bank's counter, but also to take advantage of all the benefits of OTPdirekt - Internet Banking and SmartBank.
Are there costs for making an online Transfer with Money Magnet?
No, there are no costs for online transfers via Money Magnet.
How fast is the online money transfer performed?
The online money transfer is made instantly, if you make the payment until 20.00. Learn more about the Payout Program.
What other advantages do I have if I make an online transfer through the Money Magnet?
You have several advantages, not just one. You benefit from all the advantages offered by OTPdirekt - Internet Banking and SmartBank. We will briefly tell you only three of them, and we will let you discover the rest yourself:
- deposits made through Internet Banking and SmartBank have higher interest than at the counter;
- you get reduced fees for cashier's office payments;
- you can manage yourself the SMS alerts for your own accounts;
- you have a 0% transfer fee, when paying the installment.
What conditions do I need to fulfil in order to make an online Transfer via Money Magnet?
In order to make an online transfer via Money Magnet, you must meet the following conditions:
- to be OTP Bank client;
- to hold the OTPdirekt - Internet Banking and SmartBank service;
- to hold a debit card from another bank on the territory of Romania (no transfers can be made using OTP Bank cards).
Are there minimum and maximum limits for an online card transfer?
Yes, the limits imposed by the bank are:
- The minimum amount of a transfer is 1 leu, the maximum is 10,000 lei.
Is there a maximum limit on the number of transfers in a month?
Yes, up to 3 transfers per month with a maximum cumulative amount of 10,000 lei can be made.
How do I check if the online Money Magnet transaction has been completed?
In order to see if a transaction has been completed, you can choose one of the following:
- Check the transaction status in the Money Magnet option.
- Go to the Accounts - My Accounts menu and select the account in which you made the transfer to see your transactions;
- Go to the Accounts - Transaction history menu and select the account in which you made the transfer to see the transactions made to that account.
In which currency can the transfer be made?
The transfer can be made only in lei.
Should the card I hold with another bank have special features?
You have to make sure you have the following active options on your card:
- the card is active for internet payments;
- is enrolled in 3D Secure.
You also need to know the limits of your internet payment card. If you do not know the above information, please contact the card issuing bank.
OTPdirekt - Internet Banking
How can I access OTPdirekt - Contact Center, Internet Banking and SmartBank?
After signing an OTPdirekt contract beforehand in the branch, access is made as follows:
- OTPdirekt - Contact Center can be reached by phone at 0800 88 22 88 (free of charge from any fixed or mobile network in Romania) or at + 4021 308 57 10 (callable from abroad). Once you have selected the language of your conversation, choose 3. To identify yourself, follow two simple steps: for the first step, enter the last 10 digits of the bank card and the 3-digit access code, and for the second step, enter the digits generated by the physical token or received via SMS in the case of virtual token identification.
- OTPdirekt - Internet Banking can be accessed on the Internet at www.otpdirekt.ro dedicated page or by visiting the bank's website www.otpbank.ro, choosing one of the two methods of identification „with card” or „without card”. The „card” identification method involves entering the last 10 digits of the bank card and the 3-digit access code. The „no card” identification method involves entering the client code, user, and 3-digit access code. After entering the data from the first identification step, you can enter the digits generated by the physical token or received via SMS, in the case of virtual token identification, to access all of your accounts and make transactions.
- OTPdirekt - SmartBank can be accessed directly from the available Android / iOS App or by accessing the m.otpbank.ro mobile site, choosing one of the two „card” or „no card” identification methods. The „card” identification method involves entering the last 10 digits of the bank card and the 3-digit access code. The „no card” identification method involves entering the client code, user, and 3-digit access code. After entering the data from the first identification step, you can enter the digits generated by the physical token or received via SMS, in the case of virtual token identification, to access all of your accounts and make transactions.
Who can benefit from the OTPdirekt service?
OTPdirekt - Contact Center, Internet Banking, SmartBank and Push notifications / SMS Alerts are available to any client, individual, legal person or authorized person who has a current account with OTP Bank and has concluded an OTPdirekt contract.
Can I change the access code?
The access code can be changed as often as necessary. You can also use this option if you think the current code no longer offers the desired security level. At first use it is mandatory to change the access code from its default value so that it is only known by you. Also, to use OTPdirekt - Internet Banking safely, the Application will ask you to change the access code once every 6 months.
Can I make payments / transfers both in lei and in foreign currency?
Yes, through OTPdirekt - Internet Banking and Contact Center you have access to payments and transfers both in LEI and in currency between your own accounts, as well as to other OTP Bank clients or other banks clients (domestic and foreign). OTPdirekt - SmartBank also offers you the possibility to make intrabanking and interbanking payments and transfers in lei, as well as intrabanking in currency.
Is access to this service secure? What security standards are used?
Yes, the OTPdirekt service is secure. The security certificate is provided by VeriSign (http://www.verisign.com), world leader in Internet security. Also, communication between your workstation and your bank is performed on an encrypted channel using the 128-bit SSL standard.
How do I pay suppliers' invoices through OTPdirekt?
Payment of bills to utility providers is possible, and the menu that will be accessed from Internet Banking is Operations - Utility Payments. They can also be accessed via SmartBank using the „Payments” menu, the „Utilities” section or by calling the Contact Center.
How can I use OTPdirekt - Contact Center, Internet Banking or SmartBank from abroad?
This service is available from anywhere, both in the country and abroad, via the www.otpbank.ro website, through native Android or iOS Apps, and the internationally available call number + 4021 / 308.57.10.
How can I make a transaction if I do not have access to the Internet?
If Internet access is temporarily unavailable, you can do the same range of transactions based on the same subscription and the same identification process that you make on the website through our Contact Center channel (only for OTPdirekt clients, type A and bank card). Your call will be taken over by a specialist operator who will perform the operations based on your consent. The available telephone numbers for contacting the Contact Center are:
0800 88 22 88 (free of charge, available from any fixed or mobile network in Romania)
021/308.57.10 (also available from abroad).
How can I become an OTPdirekt user?
In order to become an OTPdirekt subscriber, it is necessary to:
- be an OTP Bank client,
- sign an OTPdirekt contract.
The form is available in all OTP Bank branches in the country.
Are there transaction limits for OTPdirekt?
Depending on the chosen OTPdirekt contract type, there may be transaction limits of LEI 50,000 or EUR 10,000 per transaction, or there may be no transaction limits.
What should I do if I have locked my OTPdirekt access code?
If access was locked by entering the 3-digit access code incorrectly, please contact us at 0800 88 22 88 (free of charge from any fixed or mobile network in Romania) or at +4021 308 57 10 (Monday to Friday 8:30 - 21:00, also from abroad). In addition, in the Internet Banking interface, the client benefits from the ability to set security questions so that unlocking of the access code can also be made online.
What are the technical requirements in order to use OTPdirekt?
- Internet Explorer – Tools/Internet options/Security (tab)/ Custom level/ Scripting – Active/Scripting: Enable.
For SmartBank service, the phone's operating system needs at least Android 5.1 or iOS 4.
Communication between your workstation and your bank is made on an encrypted channel using the 128-bit SSL standard.
The browsers that are certified by the Internet Banking Application are:
- Internet Explorer 6.0
- Mozilla 1.7
- Netscape 7.0
- Opera 7.0
The optimal screen resolution is at least 1024 x 768 pixels with a colour depth of at least 16 bits.
Can I make OTPdirekt transactions even on the weekend?
You can use the OTPdirekt service to make transactions via Internet Banking or SmartBank even on weekends, processing taking place on the first bank business day. For more details, see the „Accepting programme and maximum time line for executing operations” for Internet Banking by going to the „Useful Tools” section after login.
How to use OTPdirekt?
How do I find out my account balance?
If you have a debit card attached to that account, your balance can be found free of charge either on the www.otpbank.ro website or by calling 0800 88 22 88 (free of charge from any fixed or mobile network in Romania) +4021 308 57 10 (also available from abroad), being necessary the last 10 digits of the card number and a 3-digit access code. You can also activate your Push Notifications / SMS Alerts service and you will always be aware of your account status.
How can I obtain the supporting documents for payments made through OTPdirekt?
In order to obtain the supporting document following operations made through the OTPdirekt channels, it is possible to verify the transactions in the account statement available in OTPdirekt - Internet Banking, the Statements and Proof of Payments menu. For payments in foreign currency, there is a requirement for the client to bring the Foreign Payment Order / Payment Request within 10 days, in duplicate. One of the copies, with the signature of the bank employee and the bank stamp, remains with the client and the other with the branch.
Do I need to install a software to access my accounts?
In order to use it, you do not need to install a program on your personal computer. It is enough to enter OTP Bank's website, www.otpbank.ro, and follow the identification steps. The physical token device is used by pressing the button on its front, automatically generating the related unique code; in the case of the virtual token, the unique code is transmitted by SMS to the mobile phone number specified when signing the OTPdirekt contract.
What accounts can be accessed through OTPdirekt?
With this service you have access to three channels of use: Contact Center, Internet Banking and SmartBank. Through Contact Center and Internet Banking, you will have access to all your current accounts in lei and foreign currency, savings accounts, deposits, related credit card accounts, information regarding ongoing loans with OTP Bank. With SmartBank, you can access your current accounts in lei or foreign currency, deposits, or information regarding savings account balance.
How do i know if my payment has been made?
To verify if the payment has been made, on the main screen, if that payment is one of the last 10 transactions made, or in the Accounts - Operations History menu.
How can you pay your telephone bills?
Is the due date of the telephone bill approaching and the time is too short to go pay it? Everything is simpler when you can rely on a trust service. All you need to do is access the OTPdirekt - Internet Banking App Operations menu. Choose Domestic Payments / Transfers and from the drop-down list of Choose beneficiary select Payment Telekom Romania Communications S.A.
Fill in the fields as follows:
Amount: The amount to pay on the invoice;
Payment order number: The number that the payment order has been allocated to you for the payment of the invoice;
First name and last name of the invoice holder: First name and last name of Telekom Romania Communications S.A. subscriber for which the invoice was issued;
Invoice telephone number: Invoice Holder's telephone number (preceded by the prefix);
Invoicing code (Subscriber code): Invoice code entered on invoice.
Object of payment:
- If the payment is related to the current invoice, then select the option Invoice;
- If the payment is the installation fee for the service, then select the Install fee option;
- If the payment is due to the termination of the contract with Telekom Romania Communications S.A., then select the Finall account option;
- If you wish to make a payment to Telekom Romania Communications S.A. before issue of the current invoice, then select the Prepayment option;
Due date: Due date entered on invoice.
What is the payment schedule and where can it be downloaded?
The payment schedule provides detailed information about the amount of the fees, the rescheduled fees, the rescheduled interest due to the bank according to the loan contract. This information can be found in the document generated by pressing the Generate Payment Schedule button. Downloading the Payment Schedule can only be done from OTPdirekt - Internet Banking.
When is it better to opt for OTP Express currency transfer?
It is advisable to use such a transfer for foreign currency amounts when the person who receives the money has an account with OTP Bank in Hungary, Croatia, Serbia, Russia, Ukraine, Montenegro or Bulgaria.
Is an OTP Bank account required for OTP Express transfer?
Yes, an opened currency account is required to make the transfer.
MoneyGram Bank Transfer
What is MoneyGram?
MoneyGram is a fast money transfer service anywhere in the world. It has over 92,000 agents in 170 countries and gives you the possibility to receive or send cash anywhere abroad / from abroad in 10 minutes without the need for a bank account or credit card.
Do I need an account with OTP Bank to make a MoneyGram transfer?
No. If you make a MoneyGram transfer, you can benefit from free of charge opening of a current account and free of charge issuance of a Flat Mastercard debit card.
What documents do I need to send money?
The Identity Card it's enough in order to send money to any place in the world that has the MoneyGram logo.
How long it will take for the money to get to destination?
With MoneyGram you can receive or send money anywhere in the world in just 10 minutes!
If I send the money through MoneyGram transfer from OTP Bank,it is necessary for the recipient to also come at an OTP Bank unit?
No. In order for the recipient to be able to collect the sent amount of money, he / she must go to any MoneyGram office, anywhere in the world, with the valid identity card. The recipient must know the unique reference number you received from the MoneyGram agent.
When collecting the amount of money, other fees will be charged?
The money is handed over on the spot after the requested information has been submitted, without any other tax or fee.
High Value Goods Transportation Service
How can I benefit from the Transport of Values service?
Sign a simple transport agreement with the bank, and the values will be collected from your company on the agreed days and times.
How is the Transport of Values carried out?
For the safety of your goods, we provide you with armoured vehicles and specialized security personnel.
When can I benefit from the Transport of Values service?
The service is very flexible and comfortable and is available both during the bank's working hours as well as outside working hours (weekends, holidays).
What is the Escrow account?
The Escrow account from OTP Bank is a tripartite agreement between your company, the Bank (Escrow Agent) and a third party beneficiary.
What is the minimum amount for setting up an Escrow Account?
There is no minimum amount for the Escrow Account.
What are the accepted currencies for setting up an Escrow Account?
The Escrow account can be opened in one of the following currencies: LEI, EUR, USD, GBP, CHF and HUF.
In what situations can the Escrow Account be used?
- Real estate transactions (based on a contract of sale-purchase, exchange etc);
- Civil or commercial conventions (sale-purchase contracts, representation contracts, loan agreements);
- Service provision-performance guarantee;
- Delivery of goods-carrier's guarantee;
- Fulfilment of terms specified in a written commitment concluded between two parties;
- Other types of transactions.
What information do I receive by Push / SMS Alert Notifications?
- You are informed at the beginning of the day on the balance of your current account and you will know how to plan your availability. Opt for regular information: daily, weekly or monthly.
- You receive an alert when your card or sub-card is used for: payments to merchants, cash withdrawals, but also when you have entered your PIN incorrectly or there are insufficient funds.
- You receive an alert 3 business days before your deposit expires, regardless of the type of deposit or its maturity option.
- You will receive an alert after 7:00 p.m. in the event that your account is garnished.
What can I do with OTPdirekt - Internet Banking?
- You pay your telephone (Orange, Telekom Romania Communications S.A.) and utilities invoices (Harviz Harghita);
- You can top up your card whenever you need money, even at night or on the weekend;
- You can invest in open-end investment funds without depending on the timetable of the territorial utilities;
- You can set up / view / liquidate deposits, deposits in LEI or EUR set up by OTPdirekt - Internet Banking benefit from an interest bonus of 0.20%, respectively 0.10%;
- You can generate statements of account for up to 12 months;
- You will find detailed information about the transactions carried out, about the accounts and cards held at the bank;
- You will find detailed information related to the loans and insurances held, as well as arrears, regardless of their origin;
- You can carry out transactions benefiting from an extended operating program compared to the bank's counters (even at night or on weekends);
- Benefit from the security of your service and money from your account by dynamic identification using the token as well as SSL encryption;
- The payments you make with OTPdirekt - Internet Banking have fees 50% lower than those of the OTP Bank branches;
- Checking the balance and obtaining the statement of account are free of charge;
- MyMentor personal finance management instrument, available on the OTPdirekt - Internet Banking Platform.
What other features does the OTP Bank Internet Banking Interface have?
You receive information about loans and accounts
You have access to information about the loan facilities contracted with OTP Bank:
- Loan currency;
- The amount granted and the current loan balance;
- Loan maturity;
- Loan interest and accrued interest to date;
- Next due date and payment amount;
In the case of a multi-currency, multi-option limit you benefit from information on all the loan facilities used within the limit.
You can manage your debit instruments more easily
View information about debit or payment instruments (e.g. cheques, promissory notes, bills of exchange).
Information available for debt instruments received for payment:
- the type of document (cheque, promissory note or bill of exchange);
- document series and number;
- bank and name of the beneficiary;
- the date of issue and the maturity date of the debit instrument submitted for payment;
- amount that you have to pay („Amoun” field);
- amount that you paid („Amount paid” field) under that debt instrument;
- date and time by which the payment under the debt instrument must be made.
Information available on debt instruments received for collection:
- the type of document (cheque, promissory note or bill of exchange);
- document series and number;
- bank and name of the payer;
- possible date of collection under the debt instrument;
- date of issue and maturity date of the debt instrument;
- amount for which the debt instrument was issued („Amount” field);
- amount collected under that debt instrument („Amount collected” field).
You can make scheduled or file payments
- You can schedule payments from your current account, whether it's the full availability or the surplus of your account. Thus, the repeated visits to the bank's counters are eliminated;
- You determine the frequency of payments;
- You can upload payments from the file for processing (e.g. payment of salaries);
- Payments can be made to accounts opened with OTP Bank Romania S.A. or to other banks (you cannot import payment files that have their own accounts as their destination);
- For more details on the way of operation of this option, go to the Guide for uploading payments from the file.
Online uses of revolving facilities
If you have contracted one of the Credit Line or Fixed Interest Rate Loan products, you can perform withdraws from the facilities only by simply signing an addendum. The bank allows their processing after the following conditions are fully met:
- Revolving Credit Line or Fixed Interest Rate Loan were used entirely;
- There are no taxes / fees/ interest arrears / garnishments registered;
- All fees due to the bank were paid, which became chargeable according to the provisions of the Special Conditions;
- No Event of Default has occurred or is continuing;
- Based on the electronically made request for drawdown, the destination of the loan drawdown must be specified, this being in accordance with the provisions of Art. I-1 Object of the Contract related to the Loan Contract;
- The Credit Line is not part of the Mihail Kogălniceanu programme;
- The Credit Line does not have as condition, in the loan contract, „100% coverage with debt instruments”;
- The Credit Line should not be granted within a limit.
What is MyMentor Personal Finance Management Instrument from OTPdirekt - Internet Banking?
Now you have the opportunity to relax and enjoy a much faster and more convenient management of transactions, incomes and expenses with an accessible instrument available on the OTPdirekt - Internet Banking Platform. Using MyMentor, you have access to the following options:
- Classification of income and expenses;
- Management and division of transactions into several categories;
- Automatic classification of expenses incurred through cards;
- View graphs of income and expenses.
How can you pay phone bills through OTPdirekt - Internet Banking?
Is the due date for the payment of the phone bill approaching and the time is too short to go pay it? Access the Operations menu in the OTPdirekt - Internet Banking application, choose Domestic Payments / Transfers and from the drop-down list from Choose Beneficiary select Payment Telekom Romania Communications S.A.
Fill in the fields as follows:
Amount: the amount of payment entered on the invoice;
Payment order number: the number assigned by you to the payment order in order to make the invoice payment;
Name and surname of the invoice holder: the name and surname of the Telekom Romania Communications S.A. subscriber for which the invoice was issued;
Invoice phone number: the phone number of the invoice holder (will be preceded by the prefix);
Billing code (subscriber code): the billing code entered on the invoice.
- If the payment is related to the current invoice, then select the Invoice option;
- If the payment represents the installation fee of the service, then select the Installation fee option;
- If the payment is related to the termination of the contract concluded with Telekom Romania Communications S.A., then select the Final account option;
- If you want to make a payment to the Telekom Romania Communications S.A. account before the issuance of the current invoice, then select the Prepayment option;
Due date: the due date entered on the invoice.
How can you invest in open-end funds with OTPdirekt - Internet Banking?
It's time to think more about yourself and the future of your business. Choose to enrol in one of the investment funds managed by OTP Asset Management Romania with OTPdirekt - Internet Banking. In order to do this, you must first sign in the respective fund in the branch. On this occasion, you agree to contribute later without filling in the forms at the bank's counter. That's it! From this moment you can contribute anytime, from anywhere, with OTPdirekt in any of the open-end investment funds managed by OTP Asset Management Romania.
What information can I obtain by using the OTPdirekt Service - Contact Center?
You can find out any information on our products, branches, details about foreign exchange rates, applied standard fees or if you have an OTPdirekt type A contract, you can perform various transactions.
What can I do from the OTPdirekt – SmartBank App?
- You can set up / view / liquidate deposits;
- You can pay phone and utility bills;
- You can make transfers between your own accounts (in lei or in foreign currency);
- You can quickly identify the location of the nearest ATM or branch;
- You can make payments in lei to beneficiaries with accounts at any other bank in Romania and in foreign currency to those with accounts at OTP Bank Romania;
- You can make foreign exchanges;
- You can view the account balance and transaction history;
- You can find out the exchange rate applied by OTP Bank;
- You can find out information about the products and services of the bank.
Will I be charged extra for the operations performed from the application?
No. The fees are up to 50% lower compared to the bank's counters for operations carried out by SmartBank or Internet Banking.
Products and services packages
Can the OTP Bank Romania products and services packages be set up for any period, depending on the option of each client?
The packages of products and services within OTP Bank Romania are concluded for a period of 12 months, with the possibility of extension for new periods of 12 months each. In the event that it is opted for termination of the package prior to the 12 months from the date of set up and for the non-contracting of another package at a higher price, it is necessary to pay the equivalent of the monthly subscriptions remaining to be paid until the end of the 12 months.
Can I hold simultaneously two or more packages of banking products and services, contracted from OTP Bank Romania?
A customer can hold only one type of banking product and service package offered by OTP Bank Romania. However, the Smart Business package with/without additional option can be held simultaneously with the OTP POS package or with a package intended for customers - foreign exchange offices.
If I hold a start-up, the company being less than 12 months old, can I access product and service packages from OTP Bank offer?
Yes, start-up customers who have a maximum of 12 months from establishment, benefit from the dedicated START-UP HERO package, with significant advantages, if the current account is opened for a maximum of 2 months and you do not hold other packages of banking products and services.
Additional options of Smart Business package must be contracted from the beginning of signing the documentation of base package?
Additional options can be added at any time during the period of availability of the Smart Business package and are valid throughout the entire period of its establishment, but a customer cannot hold at the same time more options such as Efficient, Complete and Exclusive. The Info option can be added to the basic Smart Business package, even if the customer has also opted for one of the Efficient / Complete / Exclusive options.
In Smart Business Package with additional options, which is the account management fee for the main account?
The monthly administration fee is free of charge for all accounts, regardless of the currency of the account.
Is there a fee for the lei interbank payment orders made with OTPdirekt, granted as free transactions in OTP Bank Packages?
For interbank payment orders in lei, made via OTPdirekt and granted as free transactions within packages, depending on the benefits of each package, the Bank's fee is not charged, but the ReGIS / SENT fee in force at the time of payment will be charged.