Let positive things come to you as a magnet. It is said that if you really want something, the chances for that to happen are much higher. You do not need a magic wand to fulfil your dreams, just choose what's best for you. We'll take care of the rest.
The Money Magnet gives you multiple ways to administer your finances and transfer money easily, quickly and safely.
What can you do with the money you transfer through the Money Magnet?
The Money Magnet, an option available in OTPdirekt - Internet Banking and SmartBank, is the new way to make a quick money transfer:
You can transfer the money required to pay the loan installment at OTP Bank;
You can transfer money quickly and you can use OTPdirekt Internet Banking or SmartBank to pay an invoice;
You benefit from the money on the card you have with another bank and you can administer it with OTPdirekt;
You can instantly benefit from the available funds of your debit cards from other banks in Romania;
You can make a money transfer from a debit card you hold with another bank in Romania;
Within one month, you can make up to 3 transfers, the cumulative value of which can not exceed 10.000 lei, in the case of a single transfer, the maximum limit is also 10.000 lei.
How does it work?
First, check that the card you are using is active for Internet operations. Second, set your 3D Secure password to authorize your transaction. Otherwise, this will not be made.
An online transfer through the Money Magnet option takes four easy steps:
Step 1: Sign in to OTPdirekt - Internet Banking or SmartBank;
Step 2: Access the „Money Magnet” option and select „New Money Transfer”;
Step 3: Enter the amount to be transferred from your card and select the OTP Bank account where you want the money to go;
Step 4: Enter the card data from which money will be transferred instantly.
Follow the tutorial to see how you can use the Money Magnet Application.
How to access the OTPdirekt - Money Magnet service?
It is very simple. If you have OTPdirekt Internet Banking or SmartBank services enabled, the Money Magnet option is default.
Similar products recommended
Frequently asked questions
Why use the Money Magnet option?
Because you can pay your loan instalment without having to come to the bank's counter, but also to take advantage of all the benefits of OTPdirekt - Internet Banking and SmartBank.
Are there costs for making an online Transfer with Money Magnet?
No, there are no costs for online transfers via Money Magnet.
How fast is the online money transfer performed?
The online money transfer is made instantly, if you make the payment until 20:00. Learn more about the Payout Program.
What other advantages do I have if I make an online transfer through the Money Magnet?
You have several advantages, not just one. You benefit from all the advantages offered by OTPdirekt - Internet Banking and SmartBank. We will briefly tell you only three of them, and we will let you discover the rest yourself:
- deposits made through Internet Banking and SmartBank have higher interest than at the counter;
- you get reduced fees for cashier's office payments;
- you can manage yourself the SMS alerts for your own accounts;
- you have a 0% transfer fee, when paying the installment.
What conditions do I need to fulfil in order to make an online Transfer via Money Magnet?
In order to make an online transfer via Money Magnet, you must meet the following conditions:
- to be OTP Bank client;
- to hold the OTPdirekt - Internet Banking and SmartBank service;
- to hold a debit card from another bank on the territory of Romania (no transfers can be made using OTP Bank cards).
Are there minimum and maximum limits for an online card transfer?
Yes, the limits imposed by the bank are:
- The minimum amount of a transfer is 1 leu, the maximum is 10.000 lei.
Is there a maximum limit on the number of transfers in a month?
Yes, up to 3 transfers per month with a maximum cumulative amount of 10.000 lei can be made.
How do I check if the online Money Magnet transaction has been completed?
In order to see if a transaction has been completed, you can choose one of the following:
- Check the transaction status in the Money Magnet option.
- Go to the Accounts - My Accounts menu and select the account in which you made the transfer to see your transactions;
- Go to the Accounts - Transaction history menu and select the account in which you made the transfer to see the transactions made to that account.
In which currency can the transfer be made?
The transfer can be made only in lei.
Should the card I hold with another bank have special features?
You have to make sure you have the following active options on your card:
- the card is active for internet payments;
- is enrolled in 3D Secure.
You also need to know the limits of your internet payment card. If you do not know the above information, please contact the card issuing bank.
Useful information, regulations
- OTPdirekt terms and conditions (pdf, 482.2 KB)
- Terms and conditions for Current Account, Debit Card and OTPdirekt framework agreements
- Taxes and Fees
- Accepting programme and maximum time line for executing operations (pdf, 86.76 KB)
- Instructions for using digipass (pdf, 988.4 KB)
- List of countries for which the bank requests justifying documents in order to process payments