Have you ever thought
you can make a money transfer abroad in just 10 minutes*? MoneyGram is an intelligent choice provided by OTP Bank to all clients receiving or transferring money abroad, not wasting a minute of their time.
With over 233,000 agency locations in 191 countries, MoneyGram offers you the possibility of sending cash quickly and safely, without the need for a bank account or debit card. Come to any OTP Bank branch and find out that MoneyGram does not care for distance, but it values saved time.
What are your advantages?
Safety - when your friends, family or business partners ask you for money, you are in control. At any given moment, the money will reach the destination in just 10 minutes;
Change - MoneyGram simplifies your actions and is constantly offering you new services;
Low fees - access to MoneyGram fees, helping you send money in Romania or abroad, in Euro, RON or US Dollars;
Verified agents - the transfer is made by experienced personnel, making sure that your money is delivered in due time, to the right recipient.
Become one of the thousands of clients around the world who use MoneyGram services in full confidence and enjoy advantageous MoneyGram rates and MoneyGram fees**, designed especially for you.
How to send or receive money with MoneyGram?
When making the bank transfer, the MoneyGram agent will communicate you a reference number you have to send to the beneficiary of the money. The package includes a free 10-word message.
If you must pick up the money from OTP Bank branches, make sure you have your Identity Card and the reference number communicated by the MoneyGram agent to the person making the bank transfer. The money is handed over immediately, no additional taxes or fees.
- you will find MoneyGram agencies closest to you or your loved ones;
- you can look for advantageous fees for sending money all over the world;
- see receipt options available in the country of destination.
* depending on the agent's working hours and local regulations
**besides the transaction transfer fee, there can also be a currency exchange fee, set by MoneyGram or its agents. Rates may be subject to modifications. These rates are available starting with April 16th 2012 and may be subject to modifications.
1. The operator is MONEYGRAM PAYMENT SYSTEMS, Inc., having its head office in 1550 Utica Avenue South Minneapolis, MN 55416 USA; the operator's representative is OTP BANK ROMANIA SA, having its head office in str Buzeşti nr 66-68, sector 1, Bucharest, registered with the Trade Register Office under no. J40/10295/1996, VAT number 7926069, Bank Registry no. RB-PJR-40-028/1999;
2. The person making the money transfer or receiving money has the right to data access, data intervention and opposition, as stipulated by art. 13-15 of Law no. 677/2001 on the protection of individuals regarding processing and free circulation of personal data.
a) the data access right represents the possibility granted to the client (person in question, under Law no. 677/2001) to obtain from the representative, on demand and free of charge, the answer to one request per year, confirming if their personal data is processed or not by the representative. In order to exercise their data access right, the Client (person in question, under Law no. 677/2001) may submit with the representative a written, dated and signed request asking for the previously mentioned information.
b) the data intervention right represents the client’s possibility of obtaining from the representative, on demand and free of charge:
- as the case may be, the correction, update, blocking or deletion of the data which cannot be processed according to the applicable law, in particular incomplete or inaccurate data;
- as the case may be, making anonymous data whose processing is not compliant with the applicable law;
- notification of third parties to which the data was revealed of any operation carried out according to those mentioned in letters b1) and b2), if such notification is not impossible or implies a disproportionate effort compared to the legitimate interest which may be prejudiced. In order to exercise their data intervention right, the Client (person in question, under Law no. 677/2001), may submit with the representative a written, dated and signed request.
c) the right of opposition represents the possibility of the Client (person in question, under Law no. 677/2001), of opposing, at any moment, from justified and legitimate reasons, related to their particular situation, the processing of their personal data, except when there are legal provisions to the contrary. The right of opposition may be exercised by a written, dated and signed request sent by the Client (person in question, under Law no. 677/2001) to the representative.
3. In addition, the Client has the right of not being subject of an individual decision, as well as the right to file legal proceedings. These rights and exercise methods are described in art. 17-18 of Law no. 677/2001 on the protection of individuals regarding processing and free circulation of personal data.
Do you want more
Read the information from the downloadable .pdf documents or contact us and we will answer all your questions.MoneyGram Fees MoneyGram terms and conditions Specific information and terms of the MoneyGram money transfer service