What are your advantages?
- You have a 0% fee for merchant card transactions;
- You can use the card both inside the country and abroad;
- Zero management fee for the first year;
- Unlimited access to the money in your payment account;
- Use the card at any point of sale or ATM that displays the Mastercard logo, anywhere in the world;
- Check your balance for free, 24 hours/day, 7 days/week, through the OTPdirekt service;
- We provide automatic currency conversion during a transaction, without additional fees.
Your benefits, if you choose to receive your salary on your Mastercard OTP debit card:
- 0 fee for issuing or managing the card within the OTP Stable/Pragmatic/Prestige databases;
- Convenient terms for the bank's credit and savings products.
Your benefits if you choose to receive your pension on the Mastercard OTP debit card:
- Card without issuing or management fee;
- You benefit from zero cash withdrawal fee from OTP Bank ATMs;
- You benefit from two free withdrawals per calendar month from any ATM in Romania, regardless of the bank;
- You benefit from a higher than the standard interest rate on any deposit made with us, by presenting your most recent retirement coupon at any OTP Bank unit.
How do you get an OTP Mastercard?
Similar recommended products
Frequently asked questions
How can I enroll my card in the 3D Secure system?
The card is automatically enrolled in the 3D Secure system, so that you can enjoy safe transactions.
For details, click here.
Can I request additional credit cards?
Yes, you can request a maximum of 2 additional credit cards within the same credit limit.
Can I have more debit cards issued for my account?
Yes, you can request the issuing of maximum 3 additional debit cards that access the same account.
What is the difference between the shopping card and the overdraft?
The shopping card is a payment tool that has a credit limit in LEI attached, provided by the bank based on the net monthly income. The ability to do your shopping with 0% interest, either through the instalment program or through the grace period is an advantage.
Account overdraft (also called overdraft) is an account facility provided by the bank based on the salary earned on that account and can reach a maximum of 6 net salaries. The overdraft can be awarded in LEI. By means of overdraft, you can attach a debit card to your account and make payments and cash withdrawals with the fees and charges associated with the card. For these transactions, in case of overdraft, you only need to pay the related interest monthly.
How does currency conversion take place if I use the card abroad?
If you use the card in another currency, a currency conversion is carried out as follows, depending on the issued currency:
- Regarding transactions carried out in the currency of the account, the Bank will debit the amount of the transactions made in the account currency;
- Regarding transactions carried out in Romania in a different currency than the account currency, the Bank will debit the account using LEI as the reference currency. The currency exchange between the transaction currency and the LEI reference currency is carried out by the International Mastercard/Visa Card Organization at the settlement rate or date;
- Regarding transactions carried out abroad by Card, the Bank will debit the account using the EURO reference currency as follows:
- The currency exchange between the currency of the transaction and the EURO reference currency is carried out by the International Mastercard/Visa Card Organization at the settlement rate or date;
- For debiting the LEI account, the Bank uses the Bank's Reference Exchange rate from the transaction settlement day, published on the Bank's website.
Are there advantages to using the card at OTP Group ATMs in Europe?
Yes. If you wish to use the card issued by OTP Bank Romania at OTP Group ATMs abroad, you will be charged a cash withdrawal fee of only 3.5 LEI/1 EURO per transaction.
You can find OTP Group member banks in Europe in countries such as: Hungary, Slovakia, Croatia, Bulgaria, Romania, Ukraine, Serbia, and Russia.
Can I make online payments with my OTP Bank card?
Yes, you can make payments with your card once you have selected "Internet payments" upon requesting the card, later via OTPdirekt or at the branch.
How do I find the transactions list or the unused credit limit for the shopping card?
The transactions list and account balance associated to your shopping card are available on the billing statement you receive monthly through OTPdirekt or via email. Furthermore, you can find out your account balance at OTP Bank ATMs, where you can also get a list of the last 5 transactions performed.
If I have a EURO card, can I use it in Romania?
Yes, this card can be used in Romania. When you use it at an ATM, you will be able to withdraw cash in LEI.
If I have a card in LEI, can I withdraw cash abroad?
Yes, you can use that card abroad for cash withdrawal. In this case, you will receive the currency of the country you are in.
What are the transaction limits and how can I change them?
Transaction limits are daily or monthly limits set for your card or subcard issued to your account. They have default values set upon issue, but they can be changed upon request, either through OTPdirekt or at the branch.
Who is authorized to sign the income certificate?
The people authorized to sign the income certificate are: the Managing Director, Financial Director, Human Resources Director, Payroll Officer, Accounting Director. It is necessary to fill in the exact position of the person with the right to sign on the certificate.
Can the OTP-MOL card be used only at MOL gas stations?
The OTP-MOL co-brand card is a shopping card that can be used with any merchant in the country or abroad. The advantage of this card is getting double points when it is used at MOL gas stations around the country.
I have a problem with the MultiBonus points card, who can I contact?
For Multibonus cards, assistance is provided exclusively by MOL Romania through their Customer Service (021) 204.85.26 or 0800 800665 (non-stop).
For OTP-MOL credit cards, please contact OTP Bank "Call Center": 0800 88 22 88 (08:30 a.m. - 09:00 p.m., free from any fixed or mobile network in Romania) - free or OTPBank "Card Services" (021) 308.57.11 (non-stop).
Can I use my OTP card abroad?
Yes. All cards issued by OTP Bank Romania can be used abroad, regardless of whether they are issued in LEI or in EURO.
How can I obtain a card, if I haven't turned 18 yet?
People who are under the age of 18 can get a Junior Plus debit card attached to a Junior Plus account. In order to apply for this card, it is necessary for the applicant to go with their parents to an OTP Bank branch and with the ID card.
What is the grace period for the shopping card?
The grace period applicable to shopping cards means the maximum number of days that no interest is charged for transactions. For example, the 55 days grace period applies to shopping done on the 1st day of the month until the 25th of the following month, which means that you can reimburse the entire amount used for shopping without paying interest until the 25th (next month).
What do I do if my card was stolen/I lost my card?
If you are no longer in possession of your card, you need to block the access to your account amounts. You can do this directly from the SmartBank application or by calling 0800 88 22 88 (free from any fixed or mobile network in Romania) or +40 21 308 57 11 (also available from abroad).