What benefits do we offer you?
- Open and manage your account for free;
- For payments made in pharmacies with the OTP Bank card, you get back 10%* of the money you spend;
- You benefit from unlimited and free cash withdrawals at OTP Bank ATMs;
- You have 0% fee on card payment to merchants;
You have access to your account money 24/24 on any day of the week;
- Promotional interest on personal loans in lei, with fixed interest rate for the entire period of the loan;
- Two cash withdrawals, every month, at any ATM in Romania;
At any open-end deposit in LEI, you receive an interest bonus compared to the standard offer;
- You get free guidance from our representatives whenever you need it.
* The amount you receive monthly is up to 30 LEI, money that reaches your account on the last business day of the month following that in which you made the payment. The offer is cumulated with all discounts offered through pharmacy loyalty cards, as well as other offers and promotions made in pharmacies, and are valid for six months from the date of the contract.
- For just 1 EURO / month in addition to the standard subscription, you benefit from the OTPdirekt - Internet Banking & Contact Center service;
- For just 2 LEI / month in addition to the standard subscription, you get a monthly account statement at your personal address.
How can you benefit from the OTP Bank package for retirees?
Similar recommended products
Frequently asked questions
What is the SWIFT code or BIC code required for foreign transfers to my OTP Bank account?
The code for foreign currency transfers to an account opened with OTP Bank is OTPV RO BU XXX.
Why choose an overdraft?
The account overdraft offers the possibility of obtaining a credit on the account (LEI, EUR) of up to 6 monthly net incomes, the monthly reimbursement representing only interest on the amount used.
Can I receive the pension in my current account at OTP Bank?
Yes, you can receive your pension in your OTP Bank account and we offer you a number of benefits for other purchased banking products and services.
What benefits do I get if I receive the salary in my OTP Bank account?
If you want to receive your salary in your OTP Bank account, you can request an account overdraft feature, where you can receive up to 6 monthly net incomes as the credit limit. You can also request a free MasterCard debit card that gives you access to the amounts in your account. In addition, OTP Bank also offers advantages in obtaining EUR mortgage loans (interest rate cuts during the period of transfer of income).
How much does it cost to open a current account with OTP Bank?
Opening, managing and closing a current account with OTP Bank is free of charge, and in order to do this you need to come to any branch with a valid Identity Card.
Can someone else access the amounts from my OTP Bank account?
The funds in your account can also be accessed by the appointed signatories on that account. These mandates are set by you by presenting yourself to the branch with the authorized person.
How can I receive information about my account at home?
In order to receive information about transactions made in your OTP Bank account, you need to request receipt of the account statement at your home address. You can make this request in the branch from Monday to Friday, 09:00 to 17:00.
Is there a minimum amount I need to keep in my account?
There is no minimum monthly amount you need to keep in your account.
Can I attach a debit card to my account?
Yes, you can attach a Master Card debit card to your account in LEI or EUR. It is issued free of charge and can be used both in the country, as well as abroad.
Can I access my account from any OTP Bank branch?
Your account, regardless of the branch with which you originally collaborated and regardless of the currency in which it was opened, can be accessed at any branch of OTP Bank Romania.
What is the IBAN code?
The International Bank Account Number or IBAN is an account number structured according to ECBS standards (European Committee for Banking Standards), its purpose being to facilitate automatic processing for international transfers. This code has 24 characters in Romania.
When is it better to opt for OTP Express currency transfer?
It is advisable to use such a transfer for foreign currency amounts when the person who receives the money has an account with OTP Bank in Hungary, Croatia, Serbia, Russia, Ukraine, Montenegro or Bulgaria.
How can I find out my account balance?
There are several ways to find out the balance of an account opened with OTP Bank Romania:
• by coming to one of the branches of OTP Bank, with the valid Identity Card;
• if you own a debit card attached to that account, the balance can be found out free of charge on the webpage www.otpbank.ro or by phone at 0800 88 22 88 (free of charge from any fixed or mobile network in Romania) or at + 4021 308 57 10 (also available from abroad), and you need the last 10 digits of the card number and the 3-digit access code.
Is an OTP Bank account required for OTP Express transfer?
Yes, a currency account is required to make the transfer.
What information is required to make a transfer from abroad (foreign currency transfer)?
When making a transfer from abroad to an OTP Bank Account Holder, the sender needs the following data:
• name of the bank: OTP Bank România S.A.
• SWIFT code: OTPVROBU
• the identification data of the beneficiary, OTP Bank account holder (name and surname / company name, address, symbol of the current account in foreign currency)
What is account overdraft?
It is a credit facility granted by the bank to each client, which consists in the possibility of withdrawing from the account a higher amount than the existing one. It is also called overdraft.
What else do you need to know?
At OTP Bank Romania S.A., we have always upheld the fairness and transparency of the activities undertaken by our employees and our clients. Therefore, in accordance with the bank's Know Your Client policy, preventing and countering money laundering and terrorist financing, OTP Bank pays particular attention to transfers of funds in foreign currency to / from offshore territories, as well as external collection and payments operations of clients who have their residence / citizenship / registered office or real shareholders / beneficiaries in offshore territories. That is why we ask our customers for commercial documents that justify transactions that are / will be made whenever they deem necessary.
The main purpose is to classify operations of this type in the legal provisions in force and to analyse the conformity with the object of activity / current business activity of the clients.
No business relationship will be initiated, including the opening of the current account, as well as the acceptance and / or execution of any funds / transactions for the natural persons / legal entities with residence / citizenship in the countries listed here, as well as those whose authorized representatives have residence / citizenship in the countries listed here.
In accordance with the provisions of Law 258/2017 regarding Comparability of payment account fees, change of payment accounts and access to payment accounts with basic services, can be found for consultation the Glossary of Standardized Terms, FID-Information Document regarding LEI fees and FID-Information Document regarding EUR fees.