How can I access OTPdirekt – Contact Center, Internet Banking and SmartBank?
After the OTPdirekt contract is signed in one of the branches, you can access it as follows:
- OTPdirekt - Contact Center can be accessed through telephone at the numbers 0800 88 22 88, +4021 308 57 10 or at *OTPBANK (*6872265) (normal charge, Orange and Vodafone), choosing the 3 key right after selecting the conversation language. The identification is made in two steps: first step involves entering the last ten digits from your banking card followed by the access code (3 digits number) and in the second step you must enter the 8 digits from the digital device (token) or the 8 digits received by SMS (available for virtual token only) .
- OTPdirekt - Internet Banking can be accessed at www.otpbank.ro, choosing one of the identification methods “card” or “without card”. The “card” identification method implies entering the last ten digits from your banking card and the access code (3 digits number). The “without card” identification method implies entering the client code, the username and the access code (3 digits number). After the necessary data of the first identification step is completed, you can enter the 8 digits from the digital device (token) or the 8 digits received by SMS (available for virtual token only), in order to access your accounts and make transactions.
- OTPdirekt – SmartBank can be directly accessed using the available application for Android/iOS or accessing the mobile website m.otpbank.ro, choosing one of the identification methods “card” or “without card”. The “card” identification method implies entering the last ten digits from your banking card and the access code (3 digits number). The “without card” identification method implies entering the client code, the username and the access code (3 digits number). After the necessary data of the first identification step is completed, you can enter the 8 digits from the digital device (token) or the 8 digits received by SMS (available for virtual token only), in order to access your accounts and make transactions.
To whom is the OTPdirekt service addressed to?
OTPdirekt – Contact Center, Internet Banking, SmartBank and SMS Alerts is available to any client, individuals, legal entities or freelancers which has an account opened at OTP Bank Romania and signed an OTPdirekt contract.
Can I change the access code?
The access code can be changed any time you want to, especially when you consider that is no longer safe to use it. At the first usage it is required to change the access code from its initial value, so it can be known only by you. Also, for safety reasons, every 6 months you will be asked to change the access code.
Can I make transfers in RON or in foreign currency?
Yes, through OTPdirekt – Internet Banking and Contact Center you can transfer money in RON or other currencies between your own accounts and also towards other clients of OTP Bank or of any other bank. Also, OTPdirekt – SmartBank gives you the possibility to order inter-banking and intra-banking transactions in RON, as intra-banking transactions in other currencies.
Is it safe to use OTPdirekt?
Yes, OTPdirekt is a secured service. The security certificate is provided by VeriSign (http://www.verisign.com), international leader in internet security. Also, the communication between your working station and the bank is made through a secure channel that uses the SSL 128-bit standard.
Can I pay my bills with OTPdirekt?
Paying suppliers using OTPdirekt – Internet Banking through „Utilities” from the „Payments” menu (from the classic interface) or through „Domestic Payment” from the „Payments” menu (from the new interface). Also, you can use the „Lei payment” menu from SmartBank or calling at Contact Center.
- Can I use OTPdirekt – Contact Center, Internet Banking or SmartBank if I am not in Romania?
How can I perform a transaction if I don’t have internet access?
You can make transactions even if your internet connection is unavailable. You can call the OTPdirekt - Contact Center (available only for the clients with type A of contract and with a banking card) and your call will be answered by a specialized operator that will perform your transactions for you. The telephone numbers are:
- 0800 88 22 88 (free of charge, available only in Romtelecom network)
- *OTPBANK (*6872265) (normal charge, in the Orange and Vodafone networks)
- +40 21 308 57 10 (local and international calls, normal charge)
How can I become an OTPdirekt user?
In order to become a user of OTPdirekt you have to::
- be an OTP Bank client
- sign an OTPdirekt contract
The OTPdirekt contract is available in all OTP Bank Romania branches.
Are there any transaction limits for OTPdirekt?
Depending on your OTPdirekt contract, the transactions can be limited to 40 000 RON/10 000 EUR or is the possibility without transactional limits. Also, you have the possibility to modify the transactional limits on certain type of transactions depending on your choice.
What can I do if my access to OTPdirekt is blocked?
If your access to OTPdirekt is blocked, due to the fact that you entered a wrong access code, please contact us at 0800 88 22 88 (free of charge, only for Romtelecom network), at +4021 308 57 10 available in all networks and from outside Romania or *OTPBANK (normal charge, for Orange and Vodafone networks), from Monday-Friday, 8:30 – 17:30
What is the access code?
The access code is a number with 3 digits. At the first usage, the Access Code represents the last 3 digits before the letters in your IBAN that specify the currency of your account (ex: IBAN: RO42OTPV110000047725RO01, The access code is 725). Also, the last 3 digits in your client number represent the initial access code. (you can find your client number on the contract). At the first usage is required to change the access code from its initial value with another code with 3 digits, so it can be known only by you.
For safety reasons once at 6 months you will be asked to change the access code.
What are the technical requirements for OTPdirekt?
- Internet Explorer-Tools/Internet options/Security (tab)/ Custom level/ Scripting – Active/scripting : Enable
The communication between your computer and the bank is set up on a secure channel using the SSL standard 128 bits.
You can use the following programs:
- Internet Explorer 6.0
- Mozilla 1.7
- Netscape 7.0
- Opera 7.0
Also, you can use updated versions of the mentioned programs. The optimal resolution for your screen would be at least 1024 x 768 pixels.
Can I order transactions on OTPdirekt during the weekend?
How is the OTPdirekt service used?
If you would like to use this service and find out all the details regarding it, you can download the User Manual here, or you can contact us at 0800 88 22 88 (free of charge, only for Romtelecom network), at +4021 308 57 10 (available in all networks and from outside Romania) or *OTPBANK (*6872265) (normal charge, for Orange and Vodafone networks), from Monday-Friday, 8:30 – 17:30. Also, on the bank’s website, www.otpbank.ro, you can watch the available Demo for the new interface.
How can I find out my account balance?
If you have a debit/credit card assigned to your account, you can check your balance by dialing 0800 88 22 88 (free of charge, only for Romtelecom network), +4021 308 57 10 (available in all networks and from outside Romania) or *OTPBANK (*6872265) (normal charge, for Orange and Vodafone networks) or access www.otpbank.ro and enter the last 10 digits of your card number and your access code.
How can I receive the proof of the payments made through OTPdirekt?
You can check the payments made through OTPdirekt by generating an account history on Internet Banking. In case you need the proof of certain RON payment orders made through Contact Center or Internet Banking it is necessary to visit one of the OTP Bank’s branches. For payments in foreign currency it is mandatory to bring the request of payment in maximum 10 working days, in duplicate, one of it being returned to you signed and stamped by a bank’s employee. Also, for the foreign currency payments to other banks, in the classic layout you have the possibility to download the SWIFT message for confirmation.
Do I have to install a special software to access OTPdirekt?
No, you mustn’t install any software. In order to access the OTPdirekt – Internet Banking service you must enter the bank’s website www.otpbank.ro and follow the identification steps from any computer. The token device can be used by pressing the button that generates an unique code, in case of a virtual token, the unique code is received through an SMS on your mobile number that you mentioned when the OTPdirekt contract was concluded.
What accounts can be accessed with OTPdirekt ?
With OTPdirekt you access your accounts at OTP Bank by: Contact Center, Internet Banking and SmartBank. Through Contact Center and Internet Banking you can access all you current accounts, in any currency, saving accounts, deposits, credit card accounts, loans related information. Through SmartBank you can access any account, in any currency, deposits or information regarding the available balance of your savings accounts.
How do I know if the payment has been done?
In order to check if a certain payment was completed successfully, in the main menu of the classic interface, at the “Payments” menu check if the payment has the status PROK – Processed with success. This represents the confirmation of your transaction.
In the new layout in the “Accounts – History” menu or if the payment represents one of the last ten transactions and doesn’t contain the status “PRER” or “PNDG”, it means that the payment was completed successfully.